Electrical Construction Project Manager
We are looking for a Project Manager who has experience managing electrical construction projects ie. collection systems, substation, and t-line projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals that have the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment who are able to remain flexible, resourceful, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The position requires an exceptional aptitude to anticipate problems, critical issues and opportunities as they arise; along with the capability to creatively problem solve and bring together viable solutions. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are very important, with attention to detail being equally as important. The Project Manager will provide leadership direction to a project; including the management of project quality, timeliness, safety, as well as mentoring the entire project team. This person occupying this position will have a passion for developing and enhancing customer relationships by providing excellent service.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Manage the overall financial health of a project or multiple projects:
- Develop and maintain project financial projections and equipment projections;
- Determine and allocate project estimate into financial system;
- Determine cost codes, approve invoices, and make necessary budget management decisions;
- Provide financials and billings to Accounting for timely payment;
- Create monthly owner billings.
Manage subcontracts and suppliers for the project:
- Oversee budget for and make selections of trade partners and suppliers;
- Handle billings and contract management, including contract buyouts.
Manage Field Engineering Assistants and Field Engineers:
- Provide job assignments and manage career development;
- Approve time cards for on-site team members.
- Provide ongoing feedback of work performance
Function as the main point of contact with the owner and on-site Superintendent:
- Assist with the review of the owner agreement;
- Resolve site concerns for the owner or representative;
- Provide frequent interactions and service to build positive relationships and future work opportunities.
Manage change orders:
- Determine when to submit to the owner or on-site representatives;
- Obtain the customer/architect’s approval.
Other duties as assigned, including:
- Maintain schedule and budget until project completion;
- Provide high level management of quality, risk, safety, and compliance for the project and team members.
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer Orientation
- Mathematical Skills
- Performance Management
- Project Management
- Teamwork Orientation
- Ethical Conduct
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
Required Skills, Education or Experience
- Prior construction project management experience;
- At least two years managing complex projects;
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, a related field or equivalent experience;
- Proficient in the use of computers, peripherals, and software such as Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook;
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
Preferred Skills, Education or Experience
- Two years of supervisory experience;
- Prefer experience managing wind projects;
- Experience with Viewpoint very helpful.
Please email a cover letter, your resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
J.F. Edwards Construction promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and ongoing random drug testing.
Women, Veterans, and Minorities encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, JFECC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
· Two years of supervisory experience;
· Prefer experience managing wind projects;
· Experience with Viewpoint very helpful.