J. F. Edwards Construction Company is searching for an individual who has 8+ years of experience estimating wind, solar, substation, transmission and distribution projects. This position would require relocation to Geneseo, IL.
Under the direction of the Vice-President Preconstruction, the Senior Estimator is responsible for providing project related estimating services to the company that result in reliable, total project cost estimates. This requires thinking out of the box using strong conceptual, engineering and estimating skills.
- Prepare complete cost estimates for various electrical construction projects to include transmission, distribution, solar, wind farms, and substation projects;
- Understand and monitor scope of work to ensure estimates are completed prior to deadlines;
- Perform review of project scope and scope assessments (risk);
- Schedule and attend field walk-downs with customer, subcontractor, and construction personnel to understand and determine requirements for construction;
- Perform field take-offs/evaluations for estimate preparation;
- Compare various project documents for accuracy and consistency;
- Participate in estimate review process with internal and external stakeholders;
- Assist construction personnel throughout the project life-cycle in tracking and understanding basis of cost estimate;
- Assist in the preparation and submission of change orders;
- Follow-up at the end of a project to close any loops in the estimating process to include invoicing and cost tracking;
- Research, analyze and evaluate information pertaining to technological advancements to support divisional growth and development;
- Consults with various businesses, on options, costs and technology alternatives;
- Develop detailed bid estimates, evaluations and analysis that allow regulated and non-regulated entities to perform contractor reviews. Analyze and assess project alternatives to identify most cost effective option;
- Prepare range estimates for ambiguous scope items; identify and calculate minimum, maximum, and expected cost for the indeterminate scope items;
- Analyze vendor proposals and create specialized cost estimates to mitigate claims and control project “extras”;
- Identification of scope assessment (risk) to determine financial exposure of a project assuring proper funding to complete the project. Provide project team with identification of areas that require increased project control effort to avoid over-expenditures;
- Collects, analyzes and archives project data. Develops historical documentation;
- Prepare detailed bid proposals including labor, material RFQ, subcontractor, equipment, engineering and incidental cost estimates and recommended mark-up, clarifications, exclusions and bid documents for technical review (if requested) and final President approval in a timely manner to meet bid deadlines;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 8+ years experience estimating electrical projects or highly complex projects;
- Understand blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation to prepare time/cost/labor estimates for projects and services.
- Must relocate to Geneseo, IL;
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record;
- Ability to travel as required;
- Team player with the ability to work with various partners from start to finish;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
PREFERRED SKILLS, EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related math major;
- Estimating experience with an electrical concentration; such as an Electrical Superintendent, Electrical Engineer/Designer or Electrical Journeyman;
- Professional society membership;
- Previous EPC, High Voltage Substation/Transmission or Electrical Contractor experience;
J.F. Edwards Construction promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and ongoing random drug testing.
Please send a cover letter that includes your salary requirements and your resume to email@example.com.
Women, Veterans, and Minorities encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
JFECC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.