Assistant Field Engineer
We are interviewing for Assistant Field Engineers!!
J. F. Edwards Construction Company is interviewing for on site Field Engineer Assistants!! This is a 100% travel position.
The Assistant Field Engineer position assists the Field Engineer with planning and coordinating activities concerned with the construction of renewables projects, such as wind farms and solar farms. They will participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and help to oversee its quality control, organization, scheduling, and implementation. This position is intended to prepare the worker for a Field Engineer position.
This is a 100% travel position and requires the individual to be on the job site for the duration of the project with an allowance of a monthly scheduled rotation.
- Work with Field Engineer and site Superintendent to plan, and organize activities concerned with construction projects
- Confer with appropriate field and office personnel to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints and construction problems.
- Perform quality and compliance inspections under the direction of the Field Engineer.
- As directed, record and organize all necessary documentation to memorialize the implementation, maintenance and effectiveness of the QC program.
- Complete QC/QA documentation to include daily budget reports, trench logs, bore logs, splice logs, drain tile logs and any other reports as are assigned by the Field Engineer.
- Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs and scheduling.
- Tracks, prepares, and sends credit card receipts weekly to Accounts Payable
- Tracks, prepares and sends and weekly time cards to Payroll
- Under the instruction of Field Engineer, inspect and test systems and auxiliary equipment to locate and identify problems using reading and testing instruments
- Track, manage, and monitor supplies and materials received and used to complete the project.
- Continually develop QC/QA procedures and logs.
- Work with and communicate effectively with subcontractors, superintendents, office staff, engineering staff, consultants, and owner’s representatives to facilitate project activities.
- Coordinates work assignment preparation and completion with other workers.
- Compiles and prepares new employee hire packets and all of the items and steps necessary to process a new hire; sends new hire packet to Human Resources
- Conveys information about employee site changes, terminations, discipline, or other needs to human resources or appropriate department.
- Assist the Field Engineer and site Superintendent with monitoring and and tracking of material to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Collaborate with site Superintendent, Safety Manager and on-site safety personnel to ensure safe operations of the job site, prepare safety related reports as directed, and ensure proper PPE is used and available to perform work safely.
- Assist in investigations of potentially serious situations and make suggestions for corrective measures.
- If required, represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Drives vehicles equipped with tools and materials on job sites.
- Position requires working on Saturdays and an occasional Sunday.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Communication Proficiency
- Mathematical Skills
- Electrical Knowledge
- Project Management
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
Required Skills, Education or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, business administration or related field.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office; specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
Preferred Skills, Education or Experience:
- Prior construction experience
- Electrical background
Please email a cover letter, your resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
J.F. Edwards Construction promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and ongoing random drug testing.
Women, Veterans, and Minorities encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, JFECC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.