We are interviewing Field Engineers for 2018!
The Field Engineer position plans and coordinates through job site Superintendent and Project Manager, activities concerned with the construction of renewables projects. They will participate in the on-site conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its quality control, organization, scheduling, and implementation.
The Field Engineer position is a field position and requires individual to be on the job site for the duration of the project with an allowance of a monthly scheduled rotation. This is a 100% travel position.
- Work with superintendents and foremen to plan, and organize activities concerned with construction projects
- Confer with supervisors and foremen to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints and construction problems.
- Perform quality and compliance inspections.
- Record and organize all necessary documentation to memorialize the implementation, maintenance and effectiveness of the QC program.
- Complete all QC/QA documentation to include daily budget reports, trench logs, bore logs, splice logs, drain tile logs and any other reports that are required for the project.
- Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs and scheduling.
- Tracks, prepares, and sends credit card receipts weekly to Accounts Payable
- Tracks, prepares and sends and weekly time cards to Payroll
- Inspect and test systems and auxiliary equipment to locate and identify problems using reading and testing instruments.
- Track, manage, and monitor supplies and materials received and used to complete the project.
- Continually develop QC/QA procedures and logs.
- Work with and communicate effectively with subcontractors, superintendents, office staff, engineering staff, consultants, and owner’s representatives to facilitate project activities.
- Coordinates work assignment preparation and completion with other workers.
- Compiles and prepares new employee hire packets and all of the items needed to process a new hire; sends new hire packet to Human Resources
- Provide brief training and orientation to all new hires.
- Ensure proper drug testing and other compliance related hiring tasks are completed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Conveys information about employee site changes, terminations, discipline, or other needs to human resources or appropriate department.
- Monitor and control project through administration, monitoring, and tracking of material to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Collaborate with general foreman, Safety Manager and on-site safety personnel to ensure safe operations of the job site, prepare safety related reports as directed, and ensure proper PPE is used and available to perform work safely.
- Investigate potentially serious situations and suggest corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers and clients.
- Drives vehicles equipped with tools and materials to job sites.
- Position requires working on Saturdays and an occasional Sunday.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Education or Experience
- Prior construction experience
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, business administration or equivalent education and experience;
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office; specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
Please email a cover letter, your resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
J.F. Edwards Construction promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and ongoing random drug testing.
Women, Veterans, and Minorities encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, JFECC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.